Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Amero

So, I'm sitting in my kitchen yesterday and two of my family members start talking about something called an "amero." As nosy as I am, I listened in on their conversation and attempted to chime in myself. I know that nothing is put into place yet, but this type of currency would be something like the "euro." The United States, Canada, and Mexico would then share a common currency. Does this seem wierd to anybody else? I've never been to the UK, but I don't know how exactly this would work out. I just don't see the United States wanting to ever team up with Mexico economically. How would our taxes change? I can see the United States and Canada maybe teaming up, but to me, the United States seems to arrogant to want to share a currency with Mexico. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment